This savory stuffing made from quinoa (an ancient grain), veggies, and gluten free bread is certain to be a hit at your dinner table. Perfect for the holidays or just a Tuesday! My favorite part are the crunchy bits. Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and is a complete protein, containing all the essential amino acids, including lysine, which is crucial for growing and repairing body tissues. One cup of cooked quinoa provides a whopping 9 grams of protein.
- 1 C quinoa
- 2 ¼ C vegetable broth (I used pacific organic boxed broth or you can make your own)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- ¼ C chopped leeks
- 1 rib celery half moon slices
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ C sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp vega antioxidant oil blend (you can use any other oil or earth balance. I just used this for added super food nutrients)
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp sage
- ½ tsp marjoram
- ½ black pepper
- 2 tsp Tamari (Gluten-Free Soy Sauce)
- 6 slices gluten-free bread, toasted (you can use any bread you want, I wanted this recipe to be vegan & gluten free specifically)
- 1 ½ – 2 C vegetable broth
- ¼ ground flax seeds
- ¼ hemp seeds
In medium saucepan, simmer quinoa in 2 ¼ cups vegetable broth and bay leaves until done, about 15 – 20 minutes. Remove bay leaves.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large skillet, saute onions, celery, garlic in oil until almost soft. Add Tamari (Soy Sauce), mushrooms, leeks and heat a few more minutes, until onions are clear & mushrooms & leeks are soft.
Add thyme, sage, salt & pepper, stirring quickly just to lightly and toast the spices.
Reduce heat to low and add cubed bread, stirring to combine well. Add 1 ½ – 2 C vegetable broth until bread is well moistened.
Add quinoa, ground flax & hemp seeds and gently toss to combine well.
Transfer to a casserole or baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
If you love this recipe please SHARE it by clicking the social networking links below!
LOVE, LIGHT, and ALIVENESS!