Belly Dance has tremendous, continuous effect in the quality of relaxation, breathing and rhythm, which increases body awareness and sensitivity and contributes to a heightened sense of well-being and self-esteem. And it’s a great way to slim down and tone your entire body. The best part of Belly Dance is that it challenges you to use your body in a controlled and elegant way. It is a sensual, powerful dance that makes you feel feminine as your getting fit!
I created the belly dance instructional DVD “Step by Step Belly Dance” as a tool to help you tone up quickly, while getting a great cardio workout, all while you are having fun and learning a new dance form. I actually created it as I was preparing my body for acrobatics. I rocked my abs, legs and core into shape!
The DVD is organized in 5 parts:
A yoga based Warm Up
A yoga based Cool Down.
To get the best results from this 60-minute instructional video I suggest to always start and finish with the warm up and cool down, and in between repeat one of the Combos three times. This way you get a full work out and can really begin to dance with the moves. The DVD is built to grow with you. So relax, have fun and dance!
Here’s a sneak peek:
Come to a class in San Diego!
Classes start This Saturday Jan 14.
Saturdays 1/14 – 2/04
10:30 am – 11:30 am
Leilainia Teaches a fun Belly Dance class: fundamentals, combos, fitness
Location: Aerial Revolution: 5320 Napa St., San Diego, Ca 92110 ( near the Warts Carpet shop off Morena Blvd.)
Fee: $50 for 4 weeks or $15 drop in.
Belly Dance Benefits:
- improve core balance and coordination
- provides a good cardio-vascular workout
- increase both flexibility and strength
- enhance your physical appearance
- increased blood circulation
- enhances the posture
What does it actually do?:
- tones, strengthens and tightens the arms, the abs, obliques, legs and back
- increases your physical awareness, core balance and coordination
- reduces the risk of osteoporosis
- builds cardiovascular strength
- increases metabolism
- strengthens the abdominal and pelvic region
- An hour of belly dancing can burn as much as 400 calories
- eases menstruation and menopause discomforts
- burns as many calories as jogging, swimming or riding a bike
More about Belly Dance at Leilainia.com